The School of Engineering and Architecture of Fribourg (HEIA-FR), a member institution of the University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Western Switzerland (HES-SO), offers bilingual and trilingual study programs at the BA and MA levels. The HEIA-FR invites applications to fill the following position for its ROSAS competence center (iSIS institute):
Scientific collaborator Functional Safety Engineer
The competence center for RObust and SAfe Systems (ROSAS), located in Fribourg, Switzerland, provides functional safety engineering services to industries, while offering training opportunities through practical research projects.
ROSAS is seeking to recruit an expert in safety engineering for its Machinery department, a rapidly-evolving field in which robotic technologies will play an ever-larger role. Its research projects and client services must therefore continue to be tailored to the specific needs of the market.
Mission and Scope of Activities
As a Functional Safety Engineer specialized in machinery, and, more specifically, in gas and diesel engines, you will be responsible for:
- Managing projects and services to clients
- Helping to create a new internal department for Functional Safety Robotics
- Implementing new templates in accordance with the standards of robotics
- Creating a strong professional network in robotics
- Providing assistance to colleagues on technical/standard issues related to robotics
- Setting up and managing potential PhD projects
- Master’s degree as a Mechatronics Engineer, or a qualification deemed equivalent
- Knowledge of MATLAB and SIMULINK software
- High soft skills and experience in business and personnel management
- Mastery of safety standards in robotics, and experience with mechanical testing (using programs such as Solidworks, Autocad)
- Knowledge and experience with the EN 17025, ISO 9001, standard and accredited test laboratories
- Ability to manage and maintain client relationships (with both new and existing clients)
- Proficiency in French or German with a working knowledge of the other language, as well as proficiency in English
Fixed-term employment contract : 1 year, renewable
Interested ? Send in your complete application by clicking on the Apply («Postuler») button below.