The School of Engineering and Architecture of Fribourg (HEIA-FR), a member institution of the Uni- versity of Applied Sciences and Arts of Western Switzerland (HES-SO), offers bilingual and trilingual study programs at the BA and MA levels. The HEIA-FR’s iPrint institute invites applications to fill the position of:
Junior R&D Engineer in Electronics (80-100%)
Mission and Scope of Activities
iPrint is a research institute for digital printing and coating with a clear focus on inkjet technology. With a team of 30 faculty and staff members, iPrint offers applied research to national and international industry partners in a wide range of applications where inkjet is involved, such as digital printing, printed electronics, coating, additive manufacturing and bioprinting. iPrint is the worldwide leader in inkjet training.
To support our research teams, we are looking for a Junior Electronics Engineer. As part of our transversal technology team, you will be responsible for providing technical support to our research groups.
- PCB design and electronics programming (20%)
- Design and wiring of electrical cabinet for research printers (20%)
- Research in the lab (40%)
- Troubleshooting of existing electronics (10%)
- Stock management of our electronics workshop (10%)
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in electronics engineering
- 0-2 years’ work experience
- Ideally, you have been in contact with an industrial inkjet printing environment
- You have worked with Matlab and VDHL
- You know Kicad or Altium
- You are experienced with Arduino or microcontroller programming
- You are a creative and practical person
- English proficiency is mandatory. German and/or French proficiency is an advantage
iPrint is located in the Marly Innovation Center
Fixed-term employment contract: 2 years, renewable
Interested ? Send in your complete application by clicking on the Apply («Postuler») button below.