The School of Engineering and Architecture of Fribourg (HEIA-FR), a member institution of the University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Western Switzerland (HES-SO), offers bilingual study programs at the BA and MA levels. The HEIA-FR invites applications to fill the position of:
Academic Associate UAS - Micro-mechanics engineer for inkjet applications
iPrint is a research institute and competence center for digital printing and coating with a clear focus on inkjet technology. With an expert team of 30 researchers and staff, iPrint carries out applied research for national and international industry partners on inkjet applications such as digital printing, printing for electronics, coating, and additive manufacturing. iPrint is also the worldwide leader in practical inkjet training.
iPrint is looking for an experienced micro-mechanics engineer to provide support to its research teams and to strengthen its innovative technology team.
Scope of Activities
- Micro-mechanical design of new devices for digital printing in collaboration with our innovative technology team (50%)
- Technical support for research engineers on matters relating to micro-mechanics (40%)
- Project management (10%)
- Master’s degree in micro-mechanics, or a degree / level of expertise deemed equivalent
- 3 years of professional experience after graduation
- Prior practical experience in the inkjet printing industry would be an advantage, but is not required.
- Proven experience in micro-mechanical design
- Knowledge of materials and micro-mechanical manufacturing methods
- Experience in project management
- Proficiency in CAD tools (Siemens NX / Teamcenter)
- Proficiency in FEM simulations would be an advantage, but is not required.
- Creativity and willingness to do hands-on work
- Teamwork skills
- Passion for developing the digital printing technologies of tomorrow
- English proficiency is mandatory, German or French proficiency would be an advantage.
- Fixed-term employment contract: 2 years, renewable
- Activity rate: 80-100%
Interested? Send in your complete application by clicking on the Apply («Postuler») button below.