The School of Engineering and Architecture of Fribourg (HEIA-FR), a member institution of the University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Western Switzerland (HES-SO), offers bilingual and trilingual study programs at the BA and MA levels. The HEIA-FR invites applications to fill the position of:
Instructor of bioprocess engineering - academic associate UAS (80-100%)
Mission and Scope of Activities
- Create, organize and impart a wide range of training programs (including lectures and practical exercises) for the bioprocess industry, from beginner to advanced level;
- Prepare lecture material, SOPs and protocols for practical exercises;
- Collaborate with cantonal offices across Switzerland involved in offering training programs for unemployment, social welfare, and invalidity benefit recipients;
- Define contracts with client organizations; liaise with (bio)pharmaceutical companies with the aim of organizing internships and gathering support for our programs;
- Maintain stocks of consumable materials required for BCC operations, including research and training activities;
- Take part in practical lab work in the context of collaborative industrial research projects.
- Master’s-level education and training in Biochemical or Bioprocess engineering, or an equivalent level of experience in industrial chemistry or in the food, pharmaceutical or biotech industries;
- Having work experience in bioprocess engineering, pharmaceutical manufacturing, or a related, relevant field would be an advantage;
- Professional experience should ideally include work in the (bio)pharmaceutical sector for a minimum of 12 months:
- Proven work experience in a manufacturing environment using cGMP under aseptic conditions; good knowledge of cleanroom operations;
- Ability to communicate with colleagues and trainees;
- Strong teaching/training skills;
- Good communication and teamwork skills;
- Ability to organize work and to operate semi-independently under the supervision of the BCC Director;
- High levels of English, French and German fluency, sufficient to carry out training programs in all 3 languages.
Fixed-term employment contract: 4 years, renewable.
Interested ? Send in your complete application by clicking on the Apply («Postuler») button below.